Diplomat’s son faces additional FIRs over alleged molestation of minor | Delhi News


Diplomat's son faces additional FIRs over alleged molestation of minor

New Delhi: Delhi Police have registered two more FIRs against a diplomat’s son, accused of allegedly molesting a 5-year-old girl on a south Delhi school bus in Aug 2024. While the child’s family claims the suspect has fled the country, police say investigation is still on.
Police registered an FIR under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act on Sept 18, 2024, after receiving a complaint from the girl’s parents. Police said two other separate FIRs have been lodged against him.
The girl’s father alleged, “The boy managed to escape despite three FIRs filed against him for molesting and sexually assaulting other girls too.” Meanwhile, police said, they are inquiring if the suspect has left the country or not. The father further alleged, “Even after repeated complaints by other parents against the accused, school took no action.”
Police earlier wrote to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in this connection, and about five months after the case was filed, MEA asked in Feb to revoke the accused’s diplomatic immunity so he could be prosecuted.
The parents of the victim also filed a petition last month in the Delhi High Court. The next hearing is scheduled for April 7.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *